Monday, July 12, 2010




For the whole of my last semester, I was totally uninterested in one of my subjects, that was Artificial Intelligence. Although before the starting of this semester, this was the subject, I was just waiting for. So what was the reason behind such a change in mindset. Well let me explain a little...
The AI starts with "Making the computers think...."
I don't quite understand. What do they mean by think? We do think... What's that...? Isn't that a computation itself. Isn't that something that our mind computes as per our motor nerve responses, and our earlier experiences, which can be thought of a database. So why do we say, "Making the computers think" Why not just "compute in a way human minds can do". I am not advocating computers here. I am just saying, that it's just a thought of people, however of a larger group, but why it has to be implemented on everyone . Why everyone have to study the "Making the computers think..." thing.


So after thinking so long over it, and getting some "Not So Good" grades in my AI subject, I am left with nothing else to say.

3 comments:

  1. Perhaps it was something that came out of "Shadows of Mind" by Roger Penrose, that was continuously affecting my point of view about the "thought process" during the few last months...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice said....
    I quite liked this...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like the title of your blog

    ReplyDelete